Curry puffs are one of our best local treats. We like to eat them for breakfast, as a quick snack, or when we want to give in to a hunger. Here are Singapore’s best curry puffs, which are making us drool right now.
- Old Chang Kee: This homegrown snack chain is famous for its savoury puffs, with its curry puffs being the most popular. The pastry is filled with a fragrant and mildly spicy curry filling that is hard to resist. Old Chang Kee has outlets all over the island, including in most major shopping malls, and their opening hours vary depending on the location. You can follow their Instagram account @oldchangkeesingapore to stay updated on their latest offerings.
- Tip Top Curry Puff: This humble stall in Ang Mo Kio is a hidden gem for curry puff lovers. The puffs here are generously filled with potatoes, chicken, and curry and have a crispy and flaky crust. The stall also offers other pastries like sardine puffs and spring rolls. Tip Top Curry Puff is open from Monday to Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Polar Puffs & Cakes is a household name in Singapore, known for its wide range of sweet and savoury pastries. Their curry puffs are filled with chunky potatoes, chicken, and a mildly spicy curry sauce, encased in a golden-brown pastry shell. They have outlets all over the island, including in most major shopping malls, and their opening hours vary depending on the location. You can follow their Instagram account @polarpuffsncakes to stay updated on their latest offerings.
- 1A Crispy Curry Puff: This small stall in Joo Chiat is a popular spot for locals to get their curry puff fix. The puffs here are filled with a flavorful curry filling that has just the right amount of spice. What sets 1A Crispy Curry Puff apart is its unique pastry, which is thin and crispy yet sturdy enough to hold the filling without getting soggy. The stall is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and is closed on Mondays.
- Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak: While not strictly a curry puff shop, Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak’s curry puffs are a must-try for any foodie in Singapore. Here, the puffs are huge and filled with a spicy curry filling that will satisfy your hunger. Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak is located in the Boon Lay Market and Food Centre and is open from Monday to Saturday from 5:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and is closed on Sundays. You can follow their Instagram account, @boonlaypowernasilemak, to drool over their delicious offerings.