Seminyak is a popular tourist destination in Bali, Indonesia, known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and upscale restaurants and bars. Here are some recommendations for where to eat, stay, and play in Seminyak, along with the services they provide:
Where to Eat:
- La Lucciola – This beachfront restaurant is known for its Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. They also offer a range of cocktails and wines, making it a great spot for a romantic dinner.
- Biku – This restaurant and tea lounge offers a mix of Indonesian, Asian, and Western cuisine. They also have a great selection of teas and offer traditional Balinese afternoon tea.
- Revolver Espresso – This coffee shop serves some of the best coffee in Seminyak and is a popular spot for breakfast and brunch.
- Sea Circus – This restaurant offers a fun and lively atmosphere, with a mix of international and Indonesian cuisine. They also have a great selection of cocktails and live music on certain nights.
- Sarong – This upscale restaurant serves a mix of Southeast Asian cuisine and is a great spot for a special occasion dinner.
Sisterfields – Sisterfields has been a resounding success since its inception and has become one of the most sought-after dining destinations in central Seminyak. Queues for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are a common sight, but the staff is always friendly and efficient, ensuring that you won’t have to wait for long. You can sit back, relax and enjoy their aesthetically pleasing dishes that are perfect for sharing on social media. Some of their popular dishes include sticky nam jim pork belly, the famous Original Dirty Burger, and Acai berry bowls.
KYND Community – KYND is not just a beautiful café, it is a community of environmentally aware food enthusiasts who provide a variety of plant-based dishes and beverages for those who are environmentally conscious. Their innovative menu caters to both sweet and savoury palates, and is particularly popular with vegetarians and vegans. They offer an extensive range of salad bowls and gourmet toasts with various healthy toppings, as well as some of the finest smoothies and waffles in the city. Notably, they also serve dinner.
Pison Coffee – Pison, located on the main street in Petitenget, is a beloved destination known for its charming, rustic decor that includes antique tiled floors. Its primary focus is on offering excellent coffee in a beautiful setting. They offer a wide range of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options with both Asian and Western influences. In the evenings, Pison hosts nightly live music sessions that attract a lively crowd. It’s worth noting that Pison also has a branch in Ubud.
Cafe Organic – The interior of this establishment is painted in pristine white, and it features indoor palm trees with pineapples placed on every table, making it a perfect spot for Instagram enthusiasts. The breakfast and brunch menu is filled with delicious vegetarian options that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also health-conscious. They also offer a variety of takeout items that are perfect for an afternoon tea break without any guilt. When it comes to drinks, they serve a variety of healthy smoothies, juices, excellent coffee, and refreshing kombuchas for those who are looking to detox.
Da Maria – Da Maria is a chic Italian restaurant located on the Seminyak strip that offers a taste of the Capri coast in Bali. This trendy restaurant, created by Australian restaurateur Maurice Terzini, satisfies our craving for pizza. It is a must-visit destination for lunch and dinner, featuring delectable pizzas and unique cocktails. Additionally, Da Maria is known for hosting one of the hottest Sunday parties in the area.
Where to Stay:
- The Legian Bali – This luxurious beachfront resort offers private villas and suites, as well as a range of amenities such as a spa, fitness center, and multiple restaurants and bars.
- The Oberoi Bali – This resort is located on a pristine beach and offers traditional Balinese architecture and design. They also have a range of amenities such as a spa, fitness center, and multiple restaurants and bars.
- W Bali – Seminyak – This trendy hotel offers modern rooms and suites, as well as a range of amenities such as a spa, fitness center, and multiple restaurants and bars.
- Katamama – This boutique hotel offers stylish and modern rooms and suites, as well as a range of amenities such as a rooftop pool and bar.
- The Elysian Boutique Villa Hotel – This boutique hotel offers private villas with their own pools and gardens, as well as a range of amenities such as a spa and fitness center.
- Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach – Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach is an attractive and highly fashionable resort that serves as a gateway to all the wonders of the Seminyak neighbourhood. The hotel’s main focus is on paying tribute to its island roots, with Balinese design elements and references to Indonesian culture throughout the property. The resort also offers Seminyak-inspired activities, making it an ideal destination for those seeking an authentic Balinese experience. The resort boasts five swimming pools, the tranquil Sava Spa, eight restaurants, bars, and cafes, as well as a choice of luxurious suites or pool villas. The hotel’s location on the beach in the heart of Seminyak’s bustling action is a major plus. We recommend staying in one of the private pool villas, which are furnished with plush, design-led decor and include high-end amenities, as well as butler services.
Alila Seminyak – The luxurious resort is located on a stunning beachfront and offers upscale accommodation. Although it is tempting to stay within this haven in Seminyak, it is worthwhile to explore the extensive range of Alila experiences available. These include guided shopping tours in VW vans and morning bike rides through the rice fields. Alternatively, guests can indulge in the delectable cuisine at Seasalt and enjoy the exquisite dining experience.
The Colony Hotel – The Colony Hotel is a contemporary tropical getaway located in the heart of Seminyak, with a charming antique colonial atmosphere. A must-visit spot in the area is the Urchin restaurant situated at the front of the hotel complex, as well as the Kim Soo boutique design emporium located right next door.
Where to Play:
- Potato Head Beach Club – This beach club offers multiple bars and restaurants, as well as a swimming pool and live music events.
- Ku De Ta – This beachfront bar and restaurant offers a range of cocktails and live music events.
- Seminyak Square – This shopping and dining complex offers a range of shops and restaurants, as well as a cinema.
- Tropicola – This beach club offers multiple bars and restaurants, as well as a swimming pool and live music events.
- Finn’s Recreation Club – This sports and recreation center offers a range of activities such as a water park, trampoline center, and fitness center.
- SugarSand – SugarSand, located by the Seminyak beachfront, is an impressive two-story venue at the Hotel Indigo that offers a fantastic blend of gourmet cuisine, drinks, music, and culture while giving you front-row seats to breathtaking sunset views. The venue serves a range of signature cocktails and infused G&Ts, making it a popular destination. Visitors can start on the ground floor, enjoying the view of the golden sands of Seminyak, before heading up to the open-air rooftop to experience a beautiful sunset. SugarSand also has an indoor area for special events or celebrations, and the best part is that there are no entry fees for either in-house or outside guests.
La Plancha – La Plancha is the pioneer of the laid-back beach bar, complete with traditional Balinese umbrellas and beanbags. With excellent cocktails and a selection of small plates, you might find yourself enjoying the ambiance well into the evening, as the festivities tend to last until the wee hours.
Services provided by many of these establishments include airport transfers, spa services, restaurant reservations, and tour bookings.